In Brooklyn, the walls of this new brewery storage plant were left off until the last of 135 huge glass-lined tanks had been slipped into place on March 1947. Each tank, 14 feet long, will hold 1,000 barrels of beer. All were built-in Milwaukee for Schaefer Brewing Co., which meanwhile had erected the 7-story building. As soon as the tanks were in place, workmen began bricking in the walls, Shipment and installation were a first-class engineering problem. Each tank required a railway car. Between Milwaukee and New York bridges were so low that cars had to be specially routed. Finally, a crane hoisted the last of the 14 ton monsters into place, with only four inches clearance. Engineers breathed easier; a bump during transport would have broken glass lining.